About the Center
Dr. Levine and Dr. Fava maintain a full time private practice in the Einstein Center One Building in Northeast Philadelphia focusing on surgical and dental implant placement, cosmetic surgical procedures, regenerative therapy, periodontal treatment and oral medicine. Drs. Levine and Fava and their team at The Pennsylvania Center for Dental Implants and Periodontics pride themselves on offering premier dental implant placement and dental implant surgery to the residents of Philadelphia and Lower Bucks County, PA.
They strongly believe that the best results are achieved through a team approach where a restorative/cosmetic dentist, dental endodontist or orthodontist works in tandem with his office to develop and implement a patient treatment plan. When you refer a patient to Drs. Levine or Fava, you can be sure they will be dealt with promptly, compassionately and efficiently by these widely respected and extensively trained dental implant surgeons and periodontists.
As you review this site, you will also hopefully find areas that will be of interest to your patients, including the following “In the News” section which contains patient-oriented articles and links to television clips featuring Dr. Levine. Our intent is to assist you in educating your patients while at the same time, making the referral process as easy as possible for your office staff. For more information on Drs. Levine or Fava, the area’s premier dental implant surgeons, and their Philadelphia practice, The Pennsylvania Center for Dental Implants and Periodontics, contact us at 215-677-8686.
Printable Patient Education Materials
The following are informational articles and handouts that can be downloaded and printed out for patient education.
- Fava, Philip, L. II, Dental Implant Materials: There is a Difference, Talking About Men’s Health. February 2016.
- Fava, Philip, L. II, Bridging the Gap: Dental Implants Restore More Than Just Teeth, Tooth Wisdom. February 2016.
- Levine, R.A., Patients: Will You Lose Your Teeth?, WebDental, December 2015.
- Galvan, Gonzalaz, Cohen, Alonaizan, Chen, Rich, Slots. Periodontal effects of 0.25% sodium hypochlorite twice-weekly oral rinse. A pilot study, Journal of Periodontal Research. 2013
- Gonzalez, Cohen, Galvan, Alonaizan, Rich, Slots. Gingival bleeding on probing:relationship to change in periodontal pocket depth and effect of sodium hypochlorite oral rinse, Journal of Periodontal Research. 2014
- Diluted Bleach for Rinsing– Patient Instructions (patient handout)
- LANAP® Laser Periodontal Treatment (brochure)
- Worksheet for Scoring the Miller-McEntire Periodontal Prognostic Index
- Buser, Martin, Belser, “Implant Esthetic Risk Profile,” (Patient handout)
- How to Choose a Dental Implant Specialist (patient handout)
- Benefits of Straumann Dental Implant System for Single Tooth Replacement. (Straumann product brochure)
- Benefits of Straumann Dental Implant System for Fully Edentulous Patients (Straumann brochure)
- The All-on-4™ Treatment Option/SameDay Smile® (patient handout)
- Alba, B.A. “A New Perspective on Periodontal Treatment?” Doctor of Dentistry. April 2009.
- Levine, R.A. “Can Your Heart be Hurt by Your Mouth?” Times Newspapers. May 1, 2012.
- “Gum Disease May Raise Cancer Risk,” (press release). Retrieved from Health News. 2004.
- Gum Disease and Your Unborn Baby’s Health (patient handout)
- Levine, R.A. “Treatment of the ‘Gummy Smile’,” Reprint from Times Newspapers. (2001)
- Periodontal Disease and Other Serious Systemic Diseases (patient handout)
- Alba, B.A., “Passion for Life… Passion for Work,” Doctor of Dentistry/Philadelphia edition. 2005.
- Gum Disease May Increase Stomach Ulcer Risk (press release). Retrieved from MedWire. March 31, 2009.
- Rose, L.A. Diabetes Chart (patient handout)
- Estafanous, E., Osswald, M., Oates, T., Ellingsen, J.E., Huynh-Ba, G., Chvartszaid, D.. “All-on-Four’: Where Are We Now?” The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants. Volume 29, Number 2, 2014.
Recent Clinical Articles Featuring Dr. Levine
- Levine, R.A., McAllister, B.S., Implant Site Development Using Ti-Mesh and Cellular Allograft in the Esthetic Zone for Restorative-Driven Implant Placement, The International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry. Volume 36, 2016.
- Special Report: Advanced Surface and Material Enable Straumann’s Bone Level Implants to Overcome Placement Challenges, Compendium. September 2015.
- Levine, R.A., Randel, H., The Team Approach in a Complete Mouth Pro Arch Hybrid Reconstruction Using the Indirect Method for Provsionalization, Straumann® Pro Arch case study, 2016.
- Wilson Jr., T., Valderrama, P., Burbano, M., Blansett, J., Levine, R.A., Kessler, H., Rodrigues, D., Foreign Bodies Associated With Peri-Implantitis Human Biopsies, J Periodontol, January 2015.
- Levine R.A., Present S., Wilson Jr., TG, “Complications with excess cement and dental implants: Diagnosis, recommendations and treatment of 7 clinical cases,” Implant Realities. 2014.
- Levine, R.A., Manji, A., Faucher, J., Present, S., “Use of Titanium Mesh in Implant Site Development for Restorative-Driven Implant Placement: Case Report. Part 1 – Restorative Protocol for Single-Tooth Esthetic Zone Sites,” Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry,. April, 2014.
- Levine, R.A., Manji, A., Faucher, J., Fava, P., “Use of Titanium Mesh in Implant Site Development for Restorative-Driven Implant Placement: Case Report. Part 2 – Surgical Protocol for Single-Tooth Esthetic Zone Sites,” Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry, May 2014, Volume 35, Number 5, Pages 324-333
- Levine, R.A., Morton, D., Chen S., Martin W.C., Buser D., “Consensus Statements and Recommended Clinical Procedures Regarding Optimizing Esthetic Outcomes in Implant Dentistry,” The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants. 2014.
- Levine, R.A., Huynh-BA, G., Dent, M., Cochran, D., “Soft Tissue Augmentation Procedures for Mucogingival Defects in Esthetic Sites,” The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants. 2014.
- Present, S., Levine, R.A. “Techniques to Control or Avoid Cement Around Implant-Retained Restorations,” Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry. 2013.
- Levine, R.A., Martin, W. “Esthetic Risk Assessment in Implant Dentistry,” Inside Dentistry. 2012.
- Levine, R.A. “Gum Recession and Tissue Regeneration Through the Use of Emdogain™,” Clinician Corner, Straumann®. 2012.
- Levine, R.A., Sendi, P., Bornstein, M. “Immediate Restoration of Nonsubmerged Titanium Implants with a Sandblasted and Acid-Etched Surface: Five-Year Results of a Prospective Case Series Study Using Clinical and Radiographic Data,” International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry. 2011.
- Levine, R.A. Chapter in textbook, “Implant Site Development” (editors: Drs. Michael Sonick and Debby Hwang) entitled: “Horizontal Ridge Augmentation Using Particulate Allograft and the Principles of GBR,” Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2011.
- Levine, R.A. “Esthetic Case Book: Growth in Recession. An Esthetic Case Selection for Straumann© Emdogain.™” Case 3, Case 2 (12-15). 2011.
- Levine, R.A. “Bilateral SFE with Transcrestal and Lateral Window Technique Using Various Composite Grafts,” ITI Treatment Guide, Volume 5 (Editors: S. Chen, D. Buser, D. Wismeijer). 2011.
- Levine, R.A., Gallucci, G. “Implantology: An Evolving Dental Discipline,” Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry. 2011.
- Levine, R.A., Nack, G. “Team Treatment Planning for the Replacement of Esthetic Zone Teeth with Dental Implants”, Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry. 2011.
- Dr. Levine Wins Straumann® Emdogain™ “Growth in Recession Esthetic Case Competition”. 2013.
- Another Winning Case from the Straumann® Emdogain™ “Growth in Recession Esthetic Case Competition”. 2013.
- Present, S., Levine, R.A. “Restoration of a Single Maxillary Anterior Tooth: A Team Approach,” Inside Dentistry. 2010.
- Levine, Rethman, Serio. “Whatever Happened to Treating Periodontal Disease?,” Inside Dentistry. 2010.
- Alba, B.A. “A New Perspective on Periodontal Treatment?,” Doctor of Dentistry Magazine. 2009.
- Krauser, Levine, Sonick, Hwang. “Diagnostic Method for Evaluating Potential Implant Sites,” Inside Dentistry. 2009.
- Levine, Garber, Krauser. “Hard Tissue Grafting When Osseous Architecture Suggests a Compromise in Positioning,” Inside Dentistry. 2009.
- Garber, Krauser, Levine. “What Parameters Decide Whether to Perform a Hard Tissue Graft When Osseous Architecture Suggests a Compromise in Positioning?,” Inside Dentistry (Clinical Roundtable). 2009.
- DiMatteo, A. “Making the Right Move: Planning Your Clinical Strategy,” Inside Dentistry. 2008.
- Levine, R.A., Shulman, D., Burns, R. “Mandibular Arch Immediate Loading Using a Modified-SLA Surface. A series of 21 cases in a private periodontal practice incorporating an interdisciplinary team approach,” Functional Esthetics & Restorative Dentistry. 2008.
- Levine, R.A. “Impact of the Link Between Periodontal Disease and Systemic Disease,” Inside Dentistry. 2008.
- Levine, R.A., Makrauer, Z., Burns, R. “Straumann® SLActive and Immediate Loading: Decreasing Time While Increasing Confidence,” Starget, 2008.
- Levine, R.A., Shulman, D. “Mandibular Arch Immediate Implant Loading Using a Modified-SLA Surface,” Functional Esthetics & Restorative Dentistry. 2008.
- DiMatteo, A. “Making the Difference,” Inside Dentistry. 2008.
- Levine, R.A. “Editorial,” Functional Esthetics & Restorative Dentistry. 2007.
- Levine, R.A. “Introduction by Dr. Levine to a Special Issue on Dental Implants,” Functional Esthetics & Restorative Dentistry. 2007.
- Levine, R.A., Ganeles, J., Clem, D., Jaffin, R., Beagle, J., Keller, W. “Multicenter Retrospective Analysis of Wide-Neck Dental Implants for Single Molar Replacement,” International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants. 2007.
- Levine, R.A. “Soft Tissue Considerations for Optimizing Implant Esthetics,” Functional Esthetics & Restorative Dentistry. 2007.
- Levine, R.A., Horowitz, R. “Bone Reconstructive Surgery for Implant Site Preparation,” Functional Esthetics & Restorative Dentistry Series 1(2). 2007.
- Levine, R.A., Present, S. “Utilization of CAD/CAM Technology for Maxillary Bar-Overdenture and Mandibular Fixed-Hybrid Prosthesis,” Implant Realities. 2007.
- Levine, Robert A., Katz, D.G. Forced Eruption in the Esthetic Zone as an Option to Implants in the High Lip Line Patient: A Case Report, Inside Dentistry, November/December 2006.
- Levine, R.A., Diamond, A.B. “GBR in the Esthetic Zone: Site Development for Prosthetically Driven Implant Placement,” Exactech Case Reports. 2006.
- Levine, R.A., Makrauer, Z. “The Use of Periodontal Plastic Surgery Procedures in Aiding Esthetic Restorative Results,” Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry. 2003.
- Levine, Clem, Beagle, Ganeles, Johnson, Solnit, Keller. “Multicenter Analysis Solid-Screw ITI Implant for Posterior Single-Tooth Replacements,” Quintessence Publishing Co. 2002.
- Levine, R.A. “Diagnosis and Treatment of the Gummy Smile”, Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry. 1997.
- Levine, R.A. “Aesthetics in Periodontics: Covering Denuded Maxillary Root Surfaces With the Subepithelial Connective Tissue Graft,” Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry; XII:8:568. 1991.
We are proud to be part of a nationwide group of practices who perform TeethToday dental implant procedures. To learn more, Click Here.