At the Pennsylvania Center for Dental Implants and Periodontics, we understand that some patients have strong need to learn as much about their treatment options as possible before making an informed decision. We strongly encourage you to read through these materials (most of which were articles that ran in general media and written in a “patient-friendly” style) to learn about the various aspects of periodontal disease and treatments, as well as dental implants.
The following list of articles and handouts can be downloaded and printed out for patient education.
- LANAP® Laser Periodontal Treatment (brochure)
- How to Choose a Dental Implant Specialist
- Benefits of Straumann Dental Implant System for Single Tooth Replacement.
- Benefits of Straumann Dental Implant System for Fully Edentulous Patients
- The All-on-4™ Treatment Option/SameDay Smile® (patient handout)
- Alba, B.A. “A New Perspective on Periodontal Treatment?” Doctor of Dentistry. April 2009.
- Levine, R.A. “Can Your Heart be Hurt by Your Mouth?” Times Newspapers. May 1, 2012.
- Gum Disease May Raise Cancer Risk,” (press release). Retrieved from Health News. 2004.
- Gum Disease and Your Unborn Baby’s Health
- Levine, R.A. “Treatment of the Gummy Smile'”, Reprint from Times Newspapers. (2001)
- Periodontal Disease and Other Serious Systemic Diseases
- Alba, B.A., Passion for Life… Passion for Work”, Doctor of Dentistry/Philadelphia edition. 2005.
- Gum Disease May Increase Stomach Ulcer Risk. Retrieved from MedWire. March 31, 2009.
- Rose, L.A. Diabetes Chart
- Buser, Martin, Belser, Implant Esthetic Risk Profile”
You may also wish to visit the Referring Doctors page of this website where you can find a wide range of clinical articles that have been authored or co-authored by Dr. Levine.